Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Creative space!

I have learned that being creative has nothing to do with space....and taking lessons from my artist's kids, it is better to be one back pack away from a place to paint than yearn for a wonderful studio. The less stuff I have the better.....the kitchen counter is fine....a place by the river bank is fine. Not having the "right space" is a foolish reason to neglect your gifts. My favorite brushes, the tubes of paint I can't get along without and the current canvases I'm working on fit in a very small space. Comfort items make it more enjoyable.....a small cooler of something to drink, a comfortable stool that folds up and a straw hat to keep the hot sun from baking my brain in the desert. Really what do you need to be creative? I need inspiration and light and that's usually found outdoors. Summer is here and so my old Dodge Sport Caravan will get me where I want to go.....the adventure begins. Although I dream of the perfect studio with state of the art lighting, I'm not going to wait. Just keep painting! Just keep painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment