Thursday, June 24, 2010

The creative high!


There is an altitude that comes with creativity....that higher view of things....we become bigger. Our dreams are bigger, our senses are more keen, our vision takes in more. Julia Cameron in her book, "Walking In This World", calls it creative flight. I found, especially when painting my view of outer space that sometimes I didn't want to come back home.....and when I did, things of the ordinary didn't live up to the magnitude of my journey. Reentry has its let down. Perhaps that is why astronauts undergo debriefing.....and why artists, after a creative flight, need to hide out and take a nap. Ahhhhh.....the grounding will always come after the flight. A book that explains it best, "After the Ecstasy, The Laundry". I have learned to land gracefully after the intense energy of creative flight.....make a pot of soup and do the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment