Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The window of wonder!


Our imagination is the window to the world of wonder. As artists it serves us well to find our own particular window to wonder that opens us up and lets the fresh air in and allows us to breathe in the wonder of our Universe. It frees us from our busy claustrophobic lives and the limits of our self-imposed boxes. What triggers your imagination is uniquely yours....perhaps a visit to a fabric store, a walk along the shore, picking a bouquet of flowers, buying art supplies or reading a fascinating book. The imagination is not linear but steps beyond time and space into an extraordinarily freeing center. This place serves our soul, not our ego. When your imagination ignites, it is contagious...like laughter. When we share our imagination it gives voice to our true nature and gives others permission to do the same. I have never forgotten when a successful artist that was teaching a workshop asked me if I exhibited my work and I said, "No, I'm not that good." She crossly was in my face....."That's narcissistic.....you have to share who you are." And, she was right....that what we came for....to share who we are with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment