Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Creativity in constant collaboration!


It is impossible for me to separate creativity from the spiritual depths of my beliefs. Creativity is God's true nature and our own, in my view. When our God-given gifts appear, how do we react? I love Nelson Mandela's remarks that we do no one any favors "hiding our light" and pretending to be "smaller than we are." In the name of humility or modesty we often try to play small and sometimes stay small. When the creative power moving through us asks us to expand, we would rather contract, stay in our comfort range. But as spiritual beings when our spirit grows larger, so must we....there is no comfort in staying in our definition of yesterday's smallness. As God the creator is always expanding, exploring and experiencing through nature, may we collaborate with all creation. Being a part of this Universe does not invite us to play small and we are better off cooperating than resisting. I call it the path of least resistance. The size the Great Creator has in mind for us is none of our business and we shouldn't meddle as we use our creativity to expand and explore. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment