Thursday, July 22, 2010

Even the trees see!


Even the trees see the beauty of nature....I took this photo in the Colorado mountains and was surprised when the aspen tree didn't say, "I see you!" Seeing things through the eyes of an aspen tree took hold of my imagination. Their quaking leaves were dancing in the sun and wildflowers bloomed at their base....there were no arguments about who was the prettiest....no jealously between the pine trees and the aspen. The grasses tickled my leg and made me giggle, the snapping of a dead limb told the deer that I was coming....they watched me with a wary alertness. The summer clouds floated lazily by....blue sky supporting their feather weight. I was not alone.....but accompanied by the best friends.

"I did not wish to take a cabin passage, but rather to go before the mast and on the dek of the world, for there I could best see the moonlight amid the mountains. I do not wish to go below now." Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment