Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Creative energy is like electricity!

http://www.uwec.edu/jolhm/EH3/Group2/Pictures/lightning.jpg

Creative energy is like electricity. It will flow whether we allow it to flow or not.....it is a life force that we can choose to let flow through us or bypass us. As we open our circuitry to conscious collaboration with higher forces, we are shaped by the energy that moves to be a part of the dream we can become. There is a graceful faith to every artistic encounter and often we do not plan them. They are like a bolt of lightning out of the sky into our psyche. There is a mentoring hand in our creativity. What looks difficult to us or we shy away from as impossible, does not appear difficult or impossible to the Great Creator. As we set aside our egos, our fear, our perfectionist judgments and allow that creative power to work through us, miracles are routinely accomplished. I have begun to see creative flow as spiritual adventures that shape me, one brush stroke at a time, trying my luck at new things, wandering into territory that I have not traveled before, and realizing my insecurity was a lie.

"My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best of what God made."
Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment