Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting in the creative zone.


As an artist, there are times when I am just in the creative zone....it is like a tide that washes over me. But most of the time, it was because I had visited an art gallery, read a great book, put on moving music or went for a walk in the woods. Getting into the creative zone involves diving into your craft....letting everything else take second place....letting the fringes of life take a back seat. You must learn what inspires you.....and you also must learn what puts a serious cramp in your creative flow. Many times what has stopped me are old messages.....long ago instructions, "Put that away and get your work done." "The work" was never done! Well, when art became my work I am getting it done. I have a theory about a garden hose.....creativity is always there, connected to the Source, waiting to quench your thirst to use your gifts. However it is up to us to turn on the faucet and make sure the kinks are out of the hose. You cannot control the process, but you can master the practices that help you turn on the faucet!

No comments:

Post a Comment