Thursday, March 17, 2011



It would seem from years of observation that whenever I perceive the world is in chaos, or I am in chaos I begin to paint "Still Life". Standing knee deep in the flood of human conditions and accepting that life is turbulent, powerful and unpredictable, often evokes the artists sensitivity. Life isn't still and we cannot "fix" it or make it stand still at our invitation. So while Japan and the Northern African countries are in turmoil, my heart is longing for a moment of quiet beauty captured for a fleeting moment and expressed on today's easel. It is here that I can sort, shape and transform the chaos into art and distinguish the jewels from the junkyard, the shadows from the light, the drama from creative expression. Art transforms the world....and in the process....the artist.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment